• question-icon

What causes dizziness, hunger and bloating?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My symptoms started on Sunday. About 3 hours after I eat, I get sick to my stomach and I feel dizzy. I'm also hungry at the same time. Today is Wednesday. Since then I have altered my diet thinking that it may be from low or high blood sugar. I am overweight and eat way too much sugar, carbohydrates and drink too many diet sodas. I have cut out processed food and sugars. I have reduced carbs and diet sodas, and I try to eat smaller meals and have added small snacks (trail mix, peanut butter crackers). Still I feel horrible. Even though I have reduced my caloric intake, I am bloated.
Any suggestions, please? Thank you.

I do not know if this is connected, but I have sweats throughout the day and night (and have already gone through the change 5 years ago). I am historically always constipated too. This is nothing new. Maybe this info is helpful.
Again, thank you.
Also, I am NOT losing weight. I am just miserable.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
IBS , supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your questions and i understand your concern. Age related bowel decline, dizziness, bloating, constipation, overweight, all fit in the category of Irritable bowel syndrome that too diarrhea predominant.

You have taken a good first step by reducing caloric intake. But it will take time to get back on track. Get rid of the snacks as well. Prefer fruits and vegetables and diets rich in fiber. COntinue small frequent meals. Avoid spices, fatty meals, dairy products too. Exercises regularly. Jog or walk briskly for at least 45 minutes a day. THis exercise with continues caloric intake reduction will slowly reduce the weight and that is desired too. Symptoms will keep getting better with passage of time. Take some antivert for dizziness and some gastric motility enhancing medication for the bloating and some laxative for constipation meanwhile.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan