What causes dizziness, headaches with blocked ears while on Aspirin, Lisinopril and Pantoprazole?
Possible diagnosis: sinusitis
The feeling of plugged ear and nose with nagging headache is concerning for possibility of sinus infection or sinusitis. ENT examination and Xray of sinuses can confirm the diagnosis.
I would also like to add that the dizziness you are experiencing can be due to low blood pressure, especially since you are taking diazepam.
I would recommend following up with your treating physician to reduce the dose of diazepam.
Using older antihistamine like doxylamine can cause a headache, dizziness and tiredness.
I recommend that you switch to Loratidine at bedtime and discontinue doxylamine.
Please schedule an appointment with your primary provider to confirm or rule out sinusitis.
Meanwhile, take Loratidine, use saline nasal drops thrice daily, steam inhalation twice daily and Tylenol for a headache. If sinusitis is confirmed you will need an antibiotic (amoxicillin)
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does lisinopril cause dizziness
- What causes dizziness with mild headache
- Do aspirins cause dizziness and headache
- What causes headaches and dizziness
- Can blocked ears cause dizziness
- What causes dizziness pain in left ear and headaches
- What causes frequent headaches and dizziness
- What causes intense dizziness and headache
- Can aspirin cause dizziness
- Pain in ear causing headaches and dizziness
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...