What causes dizziness during neck movements?

Dr. Abubakar Siddiqh

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,
Last few days i am feeling too much head spinning when i wake up or go to sleep in my bed or rotate my head,Having too much yawning, always feeling head is little bit heavy. Can you please suggest what is the cause and how i can proceed to fix this .

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Abubakar Siddiqh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be BPPV

Detailed Answer:

I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having spinning sensation. I would like to ask you few more details.

Is there any neck pain or ear discharge ?

Kindly get back to me with the details.

Based on your clinical details, it appears to be BPPV (benign paroxymal positional vertigo) (dizziness during neck movements or posture) or cervical spondylosis.

I suggest you to to consult ent surgeon and get detailed ent examination, vestibuar tests and x-ray cervical spine. Depending on the examination reports further treatment is required accordingly.

Frequent yawaning could be due to dehydration, low blood sugar or electrolyte imbalance. To locate the exact cause, general and physical examination and blood tests requires.

I suggest you to discuss with your treating doctor for aboue consultation and investigations.

Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Abubakar Siddiqh 13 minutes later
I have little bit neck pain but no ear discharge, I am also feeling feverish since this symptoms has started, I am software professional so I have to continuously look into screen.
Answered by Dr. Abubakar Siddiqh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis.

Detailed Answer:

Hello again,

Thanks for considering my answer and for your follow up.

Looks like cervical spondylosis. Kindly do the investigations, what I have already mentioned.

Mean time, do not make forceful neck movements, avoid continous straining of neck muscles (computer screen).

All the best. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T