What causes dizziness, constipation and shortness of breath?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a burning chest, nausea, dizziness, constipation, and shortness of breath. I have had three heart attack scares in the last five months, two in the last month. On the last ER visit my Endochrinologist sent me after I became nauseous in her exam room and she did an EKG which was abnormal. I have an irregular EKG and have had a stress test but doctors have dismissed heart attacks. My liver enzymes and cholesterol have spiked. I am on hydrocortisone for hypo-adrenalism and diovan, chlorothalidone, and amlodipine for high blood pressure that controls it to around 143/80. I also have extreme gas attacks that make it difficult for me to teach.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rule out cardiac problems first....

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.

1. Constipation you are having might be related to hypothyroidism.

2. High liver enzymes and cholesterol levels might be related to:
- metabolic syndrome
- fatty liver

Abdominal ultrasound and upper endoscopy are advised for further evaluations.

3. It is extremely important to rule out heart problems through echocardiogram and holter monitoring. You can send the reports of EKG and stress test.

All the best!
Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj