What causes dizziness, blurred vision, extreme tiredness after eating and frequent urination?

Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: The day before I wennt to the emergency, ifelt dizzy, blur vision, extreme tired after eating, frequent urination. I did not have chest pain but only tightness on my heart. About 9 pm the same night, ifelt numb on my left face that travel down my left arm and that when I went to the hospital. They did chest xray, blood work and a ct on my head. Chest xray showed heart is normal but lung was moderately expand.? What does it mean expand, is it not good? Ct for head and brain were normal. There were few problems with the blood work. Rbc: 4.06, Hgb:13.1 AGAP:4fl , POC Glucose:130, Bun/Creat Ratio:26.TSH Ultra sensitive: 6.130 f. I have both of my thyroid taken out in2007. Other are normal. Btw, they told me I have a XXXXXXX stroke: TIA; parsthesias. My blood sugar yesterday was 190, measure 2 hours after I ate a small pizza and this morning it was 130 before breadfast. Today I did not feel well and worse after I ate. I am seeing my family doctor tomorrow, pls advice what should I suggest my doctor to do . Thanks.
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Risk factors for stroke to be controlled

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

a TIA can indikate future stroke risk, therefor:

Your doc should control and check for risk factors for future stroke/ tia with you, which are:

arterial hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol and smoking. This could be: special healthy nutrtion plan (low fat, low carb), enough physical activity, if you smoke smoking stop programm, if necessary medication to control high cholesterol or diabetes. If you have high blood pressure there is also medication and above pointed out lifestyle adjustments further to be discussed to keep it in normal range. Please have your doc check you blood sugar again especially, since 130mg/dl without breakfast (no coffee/ sugar?) is too high (should be below 110) but the testing should be repeated.
That is what you and your doc should plan. Also some regular blood thinning medication as stroke prevention like aspirin should be discussed. The moderate lung expansion is nothing serious for now, but may be observed through your gp, smoking or asthma are possible causes.

Best regards

Follow up: Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 17 hours later
Dr. Seckendorff:

I guess all the good doctors think the same. That were exactly the advices that my family doctor gave me today. He is putting me on a cholesterol medication, and also aspirin 81 gm, three times a week even though I did have lots of stomach problems. He asked me to check my b/p for next week and blood sugar 2 hours after I eat and we will meet again next week to see if my condition improve or not. However, I like to exercise because it will help me to lower my blood pressure and may be cholesterol but my symptoms of dizziness and over all not feeling well prevent me to do so. I am still puzzle why i am so tired, like cement on my vein after I eat. I feel I could not function after I eat? any input on that. lastly, I forgot to mention to my doctor that I felt choking, felt like something are on my throat.

thanks,

regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lighter meals advisable and mild exercise programm

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

according to your tiredness after meals you might want to try lighter meals and beginn with a mild exercise program like 20 minute walks. This can be a normal phenomenon of digestion to some extend.

About the choking: your gp might palpate your thyroid to see if it may be enlarged. Also a pharygo/ laryngoskopy through an ent doctor can rule out any throat inflammation or other problems that may cause the choking feeling.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 12 hours later
Dear dr. Seckendorff:
I do not know how to exercise if I am feeling dizzy, however I will try.
Last night, my whole head is heavy and it was painful when I touch them. I hardly have headache, I wonder what is the cause of it. Also, I feel lots pressure in my eyes, especially after I eat.
Brief Answer:
Mild exercise suggested and relaxation techniques

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

for start, as i said a 20 minute walk is enough. For the heavy head feeling learning of a relaxation technique may be of great help.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 2 hours later
Thank you Dr.seckendorff. I will try that.

Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
glad i could help

Detailed Answer:
best wishes