What causes dizziness, blurred vision and vertigo?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been diagnosed with migraines 4 years now Three weeks ago, I was playing with my cat and lying on my back facing up ward with my neck slightly bent to the side. When I got up from the bed I couldn't walk ....my balance was off. I went to the ER room and they told me I had vertigo. I went back to my neurologist and he ordered me an MRA , which came back normal. I had a full MRI of my neck and head 5 months ago (all without contrast all came back normal). My neurologist informed me to go to an ENT doctor, which I did today. He (ENT) said that my dizziness, slight blurred vision and sometimes ringing in the (when lying down) was caused by my headaches. They did a hearing test and said that my left ear was asymetric noted 2-4K HZ. Now he wants me to get an MRI with contrast (getting it tonight) to rule out any benign tumors. (MRI of the IAC eight nerve). All this because I was in a weird position for about 20 minutes 3 weeks ago. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Migraine with dizziness

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query.
As the recent MRI done was normal, I guess another MRI is not required. Hearing loss at 2 to 4 kHz suggests neural loss. It is better to go for BERA to diagnose any eighth nerve lesion.
Please send me the audiometry report so that I can suggest you better.
Also tell me do you have the dizziness now also?
Is the tinnitus in both ears?
Any history of loud noise exposure or trauma to the ear?
Follow up with the required information

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D