• question-icon

What causes dizziness and vomiting after taking Cefuroxime?

Posted on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have taken Cefuroxime 250 mg. only an hour after I ate a quick snack... was getting a shower for work and began getting an extremely heavy feeling...then super dizzy...vomitting...!!!II had to call into work there was no way around the sudden sickness. Any advice ? Still weak and have a headache and feel like Im in a "fog". PLEASE HELP ??
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to go to the ER urgently. Detailed Answer: Hello Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You seem to have developed an allergic reaction to Cefuroxime, you need to go to the ER urgently. Call 911 now. If you have any antihistamines like Benadryl or cetrizine, you may take one tablet right away. Please do not hesitate as the allergic reaction can become very serious. Hope this answers you query, please write back once you are back from the hospital. Wishing you all the best. Warm regards.
Dr. Yogesh D