• question-icon

What causes dizziness and uncontrollable hand tremors?

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Periodically I get dizzy. Usually from standing up too quickly. Accompanied with that are uncontrollable tremors of my hands. my BP is typically 145/63 pulse 65 . I have high BPP and heart disease. One heart attack and one triple bypass and 3 stent. I am 81 years old. Thanks for spell check. What is going on with the shakes? I don't drink or smoke (quit both in 1979). I also have periodic severe headaches than could be anywhere in my head (fron, back side). I also have :"eye:" that are about 11 on a scal of 10 when they ooccur. Thanks for listening (reading)
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i can understand your concern for your health Sir. Here i would like to tell you that the bp and heart rate which you have mentioned are well within the normal recommended limits for an adult.

Dizziness which happens when you stand up suddenly from a sitting or lying down position is a sign of postural hypotension. To avoid this the simple way is to wait for a few seconds before you get up from a lying down position or if you are sitting then get up slowly and dont sit for too long with your legs hanging down.

Your tremors could be due to the age related degeneration of the nerves or probably could be due to alzheimers. For this you can take some nerve supplements like Neurobion Forte daily for a month at bed time. For a confirmed diagnosis on this you need to consult for a Neurologist for through evaluation.

When you have headache you need to check your blood pressure as high blood pressure is a important cause of generalized headache.

I hope this information will answer your query. If you have any other doubts you can ask me back.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist