Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

170 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes dizziness and tingling sensation in the arms

Answered by
Dr. Bhanu Partap


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 2451 Questions

Posted on Tue, 31 Jul 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Today I started getting a whooshing sound in my head and when I move my eyes side to side it amplifies drastically. I'm also experiencing dizziness also tingling in my arms and hands, to the extent of briefly loosing strength in my hands, dropping my phone. I've been seeing my Dr lately who referred me to a cardiologist, along with a ECG and an MRI on my heart for some reason, and a hemotologist for anemia. Should I be concerned immediately or can this wait until Monday when I'm able to contact my Dr?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly Upload the ECG and MRI reports

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that the important point mentioned by you in the symptoms which you are experiencing is the sudden loss of power in your hand.

If you are still experiencing some sort of weakness or decreased power in any of the four limbs then it becomes important to visit Hospital today itself, and if you are alright now then you can safely wait till you’ appointment.

I hope this information will answer your query and guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr. Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 17 minutes later
ECG AND MRI in 11 days. what about the noise in my head?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
That could simply be the association of the symptoms which you had that time and if its not persistent and continuous then you can safely ignore it.

But if its persistent then i would like to suggest you to consult an ENT specialist first who can examine your internal ear personally.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on