What causes dizziness and sudden memory loss?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your husband symptoms (dizziness) could be related to cervical spondylarthrosis or an inner ear disorder.
The constricted pupils, lack of concentration (leading to short term memory problems) and slightly raised blood pressure values could be a normal autonomic reaction to the dizziness.
Coming to this point, I would recommend you to closely monitor his blood pressure values in the next hours. Having some rest and avoiding abrupt neck movements is necessary.
I don't think there is any need to go to the ER for the moment, as his situation does not seem to be concerning about any stroke.
If his situation does not improve, or even worsens in the next days, I would recommend consulting with his GP for a physical exam and some tests (a resting ECG, complete blood count, a cervical spine X ray study, blood electrolytes, etc.).
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden memory loss and confusion
- Experienced sudden memory loss what is the reason
- What are the causes and treatment for memory loss
- Treatment and cure for sudden memory loss
- Symptoms of sudden memory loss
- Drugs/medication for sudden memory loss
- Diagnosis of sudden memory loss
- Dizziness pins and needles in hands memory loss cause
- Sudden memory loss disorientation headache pain in ribs
- Sudden memory loss causes
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?