What causes dizziness and nausea?
I suddenly start feeling very dizzy. And my head starts spinning uncontrollably-as in my view/ room starts rotating and I cannot stop it no matter how hard I try to focus. During this time I can also not walk or balance properly on my feet. This has been happening approximately twice every week for last 1-1.5 years, sometimes even when I am not actively doing something - i.e while I am resting. It fades out in 5-10 minutes but is followed by nausea and headache.
Please let me know what steps I do to make these episodes go away. Even though they do not hamper my daily life, but they leave me feeling very uncomfortable.
Ent consultation with interventions.
Welcome to HCM.
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns.
I see similar cases amongst young people who visit my clinic. At your age there are several causes for giddiness with nausea, like-
Eye( errors of refraction)
Cervical spine( spondylitis)
Ear( bppv, meniers disease, vestibular neuronitis).
Any fluctuations in Bp,
Any fluctuation in blood sugar,
Migraine causing vertigo.
I suggest you to visit an ENT surgeon and get detailed ENT examination, xray cervical spine, blood tests- blood sugar, hemoglobin, audiometry and balance tests to see ear related dizziness. Depending on the examination reports further treatment is required accordingly.
Upload the reports of the investigations and the examination findings by your doctor for me to suggest you further.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe dizziness and nausea
- What causes nausea and dizziness
- What causes dizziness and nausea after waking up
- What causes nausea and dizziness and heightened sense of smell
- Sudden dizziness and nausea causes
- What causes dizziness and nausea with cold
- What causes severe bleeding accompanied by dizziness and nausea
- Headaches dizziness nausea causes
- What causes nausea diarrhea and dizziness diagnosed with concussion
- What causes dizziness nausea and exhaustion during period
- Suggest sinusitis medication that can be taken when suffering from ...
- What causes a small lump behind breast implant muscle?
- What is the cause and treatment for dry cough?
- Suggest treatment for vibrations in ear
- Suggest remedy for motion sickness and irritated sinuses
- Suggest treatment for hearing loss in a diabetes patient
- What causes ear pain?
- Suggest treatment for stiff neck, pain in back and headaches
- What causes lump inside throat?
- Suggest treatment for hoarseness in voice