• question-icon

What causes dizziness and lightheadedness while on BP medication?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: what happens when your is very low?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I would like to know if your are talking about your blood pressure values.

Do you have low blood pressure?

What are your actual medications?

Dizziness and lightheadedness are common symptoms of low blood pressure. But low blood pressure could also lead to falling, fainting and loss of conscience.

For this reason, I would recommend avoiding physical activity and stay at bed rest until your blood pressure values are normalized.

You should discuss with your doctor on the possibility on reducing the doses or even stopping anti-hypertensive drugs, as long as your blood pressure values are low.

In the meantime, I recommend avoid taking the next dose of your anti-hypertensive drugs and increase salt and fluids (water) intake. A coffee can help.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist