What causes dizziness and heart palpitations after masturbation?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: While mastrubating today i noticed sudden raise in heart beat with dizzyness ? Wants to know the cause for this
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry, however routine and timely follow-up to continue..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern..

Now what you've experienced today, is otherwise known as a stress response..

Whenever our body is exposed to any kind of stressful situation (excessive emotion, anger, excitation- in your scenario, fear, anxiety, dehydration etc.), there's certain hormonal secretion(called as stress hormones) which increases the heart rate to to some extent..now our body has it's own set of compensatory response which tries to cop up with it initially, but when the heart rate gets too high (exact rate varies from person to person), then after a certain limit the body's compensatory mechanism fails and there's a sudden drop in blood pressure which causes a brief period of dizziness..

Not to worry, just remain well hydrated, stay rested, avoid being on empty stomach, and try to refrain yourself from any excessive masturbation..

In case there's any recurrence, then I'd advice you to get yourself checked out by a physician specifically for pulse rate, blood pressure and blood sugar..

Let me know if your having any further doubts, i'll be glad to clarify..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 39 hours later
Thanks for looking into my problem and giving good resolution. I do workouts every day that reminds of dehydration. could you suggested best ways to keep hydrated and how frequent can we mastrubate.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow-up consultation..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome Back,

Well the Best Way to stay hydrated simply is by drinking a lot of water..

Since you do work outs you can drink at least 3-3.5 ltr per day..

Remember not to sip on those commercial energy drinks (Red bull, gatorade etc.) immediately after work outs, as after intense session of work outs, the body sweats a lot and all it needs is simple water(mineral , U.V.R.O purified) at that time..

Drink 2 glass of water after getting up from bed in the morning, that way the body's metabolism gets a kick start right in the morning it self..

Make simple detoxifying drink like 2 tsf honey, 1 squeezed lime in a glass of XXXXXXX warm water and drink it 1 glass before and after working out, you'll feel refreshed..

Ideally there's no guidelines as such for masturbation, it varies from individual to individual, depending on stamina, health and fitness, in general once a day is fine(if everything allows)..

For future reference you can always get in touch with me, below is my direct follow-up link through which you can contact me anytime anywhere, I'll be happy to help -

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=71041

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Thank doctor for your valuable guidance.Just out of curiosity I want to ask final question. I have read in internet that using sun screen lotions reduces sperm life , is this true ? . I feel pleasure if you can give some insight into this. I will follow your suggestions and get in touch in case of further any issues that comes up. Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
still ongoing researches..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome Back XXXXXXX

This is still a field of ongoing researches, as no exclusive evidence to concrete this is found as of now..

But you should note that, Excess use of any kind of chemical product possesses health risk, so just be safe..

My advice will be to stay away from those dubious things and live happily with natural resources.. nature has given us abundant resources (you can 'google' this too and learn yourself)..

You can let me know later on if you have any doubts/concern regarding,

But again I'm advising you don't any stress on these, as the world where we are living, what we are eating, drinking, breathing - everything has something to be worried for (if we start finding risk factors, it's there everywhere and in everything), so it's always best not to think about all these and live happily and maintain a healthy life style..

Yes, your follow-ups are about to end here, but if you wish to continue further , you can always get in touch with me, below is my direct follow-up link through which you can contact me anytime anywhere, I'll be happy to help -

Take Care
Kind Regards