What causes dizziness and fatigue after a spider bite?

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, I may have been bitten by a spider on my chest 3 days ago. I have dizziness when standing or sitting, and have had no energy for 2 days. I have slept from 12pm to 5pm, then slept from 6pm until 7 this morning, and still feel tired. No fever, and just a sore red spot on my chest. I was also stung by a yellow jacket wasp on Tuesday.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have symptoms of anaphylaxis, the benadryl should help but...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. These are very well symptoms that are associated with anaphylaxis. Even thought the benadryl should help, remember that it is also very sedating and may make you very sleepy. SO depending on how many benadryl you took and how sensitive you are to medications, some of this fatigue could be the benadryl. I would increase your fluid intake to help with your dizziness, drink plenty of fluids and you should start to feel better in a couple of days. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T