What causes dizziness and fatigue after a long journey?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi. I've been feel dizzy, faint, tired & just plan out of it for the past 5 days. I just returned from a week long trip to Mexico where I spent time in the sun & did some snorkeling. I started feeling weak & faint after our snorkeling trip & it's continued since I've been home. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see description

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Long journeys/trips make your body tired & exhausted. Hormone levels along with basal metabolic rate also alters. When back from a trip, your body takes some time to readjust and brings everything back to normal. I would suggest you to take adequate rest for few days and take healthy balanced diet. Hopefully you will recover yourself soon. If it persists or interferes later with your daily routine then we can go with further workup to rule out any pathological cause.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 11 minutes later
Thank you. I've also had a bit of a headache & am having a hard time keeping up with my normal routine. I have to stop & sit down because I'm afraid of passing out. And I've had blurred vision.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see description

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for the followup query.

I would suggest you to take rest for few days with healthy diet. Apart from that take acetaminophen twice a day for 2 days & cetirizine one at night for 3 days. Hopefully they will resolve the issues and you can get back to your daily routine.

Thank You
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf