What causes dizziness and facial numbness in a 31 year old man?
No single test including MRI to confirm/exclude MS.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
There is no single test to confirm or rule out multiple sclerosis as a diagnosis, including MRI.
Even if MRI-s resulted negative (I assume both, brain and spinal cord MRI-s), other tests are needed to confirm/exclude MS, if suspected clinically.
These tests include spinal tap and cerebrospinal fluid examination, evoked potentials.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
I remain at your disposal for further questions and clarifications.
Symptoms differ from person to person..
Welcome back and thanks for being on follow up.
Symptoms of MS change in time (remitting/relapsing) and differ from person to person.
Main symptoms of MS are:
- loss of vision in one eye, pain in eyeball movements
- numbness, weakness of limbs, trunk
- tingling in different body parts
- fatigue, double vision, slurred speech
- unsteady gait, dizziness
- bowel and bladder function impairment
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid gland can cause facial numbness
- Can ear ear infections cause facial numbness
- What is causeing all of these symptoms high blood pressure rapid heart rate chest pain and facial numbness
- Can stress cause headaches with associated unilateral facial numbness
- What needs to be done to overcome facial numbness
- Does implanon cause facial numbness
- Facial numbness causes
- Infected lump behind ear causing facial numbness
- Cervical stenosis cause facial numbness
- Sudden facial numbness causes