What causes dizziness and confusion after treating typhoid and malaria?

Question
hi
I got typhoid and malaria 3 weeks back ,i completed my course of medicines .I had a blood test by the end of secnd week ,from which doctor said malaria is not there and typhoid is at minimal .It's been a week .I still have dizzyness and confusion in concentrating at afternoons ..at the same time i am not able see bright ligths ..
can you please suggest diet for recovery.

thanks,
XXXX
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A protein-rich diet and plenty of fluids should help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that your blood pressure is still on the lower side and that could be the reason for the dizziness and confusion.

I would insist you to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) and fluids. Ensure a good protein intake. Foods high in protein per calorie include lean chicken, lean pork, fish, lean beef, tofu, beans, lentils, low-fat yogurt, milk, cheese, seeds, nuts, and eggs. That will ensure a good recovery. I think that should suffice.

Regarding the not being able to tolerate bright lights, I would insist you keep it in consideration. If it persists, it would be a good idea to see a doctor again.

Let me know if I could help further.