What causes dizziness and brain zaps while on Paroxetine and Bupropion?
Possibility of side effects due to drug interactions
Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.
Your wife has anxiety problem. She has been given three anti anxiety drugs at a time. Paroxetine is already given in high dose and bupropion can increase the level or effect of paroxetine by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2D6 metabolism. On other side paroxetine increases toxicity of bupropion by unspecified mechanism.
Paroxetine and buspirone both increase serotonin level and can lead to serotonin syndrome.
Brain vibrations, dizziness and hesitation are symptoms suggestive of possibitliy of side effects. If these symptoms are not there before and happened only after starting the drugs I recommend stopping the drugs at present and consulting treating doctor for examination and evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr Chintan Solanki.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weird feelings and brain zaps while taking ativan
- What causes dizziness while running
- What causes brain fog and dizziness
- Sudden dizziness caused by brain pulsating
- Do brain tumors cause dizziness
- Dizziness while swallowing what is causing this
- What causes dizziness and brain shaking while sleeping
- What is the cause of brain zaps when on citalopram
- What causes reduced sprinting capacity while taking paroxetine for anxiety
- Dizziness caused by brain shrinkage
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation