question-icon

What causes dizziness and blurred vision?

Posted on Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Question: lately I've been feeling a little more dizzy and off balance when I stand and also when I lay down on my stomach I can feel the dizziness then too. also I've been having some a blurred vision occasionally. my blood pressure has been fairly normal lately about 117 over 65 but my heart rate has been anywhere from 72 up to 110 resting.does this sound like something I need to get checked immediately? I had an echocardiogram done in XXXXXXX and it was fairly consistent with my injection fraction being around 45 to 50 but they noticed the slightly leakage in the tricuspid valve. we recently moved from Wisconsin to Tennessee and I have not establish care here yet in Tennessee
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Dizziness and loss of balance.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for asking Health care magic
Your dizziness and loss of balance is most likely due to lack of proper blood supply to brain.It can also be due to dysrhythmias from heart.

As you mentioned the findings of echocardiogram with tricuspid regurgitation and ejection fraction of 45 to 50 which is considerably low.The ejection fraction below 40 is considered as heart failure. Problem of Dysrhythmias and decrease of enough blood supply to brain can occur in such condition.

You should better get a cardiologist consultation and get an ECG and Echocardiography to find the recent status of your heart.Holter monitoring will be required for 24 hours in some cases also.If there is any dysrhythmias then anti arrhythmic drug might be needed.In case of signs of heart failure, therapy for protecting heart from remodelling should be started.If any worsening organic damage of valves is there, then a surgical option can be considered.
Hope this may help you.Let me know if anything unclear.I am happy to help you.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Nishad BN