question-icon

What causes dizziness along with swollen ankles and feet?

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: In the mornings I have dizziness and right leg wobbles and jerks. I have to sit down before I fall. My ankles and feet are swollen now.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta (4 hours later)
Brief answer....you need to be examined and investigated urgently
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although there can be various causes for swelling in feet and ankle but the most dangerous is a heart involvement like congestive heart failure or uncontrolled hypertension.
I would advise you to consult a cardiologist at the earliest and get a complete cardiac evaluation done and this can be followed by complete investigations of your body.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for my further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta