What causes dizziness along with sudden swelling of legs?

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I work 10 hour shifts on my feet all day (with the exception of sometimes the last hour of my shift). I am currently 8 1/2 hours into my shift. I noticed that my pant leg felt weird and I looked down and my right knee is swollen to almost twice the size of my other knee. I did not injure it. Just above the knee is slightly hard to the touch, and from the knee up my leg is cool to the touch almost as if I had just my right leg near the refrigerator or a cooler. Also about maybe an hour prior to this I had a very short but intense dizzy spell.
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Emergency

Detailed Answer:

the cold leg and the sudden swelling suggest there is a blood clot and this is a medical emergency, so I strongly recommend you see a doctor as soon as possible.

Wishing you all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T