What causes dizziness along with pressure and pain in the head?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: have slight dizziness, feeling in a fog, pressure feeling on the brain, headaches, feelings on top, front, sides, and rear of head.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
More information is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you describe are not so specific, they may be related to several conditions ranging from stress overload, primary headaches to brain diseases.

It is necessary to provide more information about your problems such the time they started, course during the day, do you use alcohol or drugs or not, any stressing situations recently, any other previous health issues, any relief from drugs you use, etc.

Awaiting........

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 41 minutes later
It started 3 weeks ago. No new stress issues. Starts in the morning and continues until I go to bed. I don't use alcohol or illegal drugs. I do take 15mg of Paxil a day.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paxil side effects, or changes in blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and thanks for the information.

In this case, symptoms you describe may be caused by Paxil use as side effects, even if the dose is small.

Another possible explanation may be changes in blood pressure.

It is necessary to measure your blood pressure 3-4 times a day for few days to evaluate this possibility.

I recommend you to discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee