What causes dizziness along with loose stools and vomiting?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am almost 89 ..... recovering from a violent upset digestive system .... like flu....terrible diarrhea, stomach cramps, headache, etc. Felt better today ....one week since onset. Enjoyed a long distance call from a daughter....went to fix a little supper and the world began to spin. A new experience .... ?? I got to my bed and drank three swallows of diet cola ..... that I just keep in frig for some previous light headedness....and the spinning stopped .... two hours later now ....I feel weary and stomach a little upset .....as before, as when I was talking on the phone. Thought I was going to throw up an hour ago ..... instead had a good bowel movement. I'm alone here ....and just worried.

How do you have my email address? It hasn't been asked for.

I don't mind paying for an answer to this question .....but I don't want to be involved in anything on a monthly basis.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query my dear patient,
Have seen your details and i appreciatee your concerns.
Loose motions and vomiting etc causes depletion of water and electrolytes like sodium and potassium from body.Along with it a large amount of fluid is lost.
This may cause dizziness and vertigo in patient.

I would suggest you to take proper treatment of gastroenteritis.
Take imodium 2mg tablet twice daily
For nausea take Zofran 4 mg as and when required.
Get a stool test done.
Take lots of orange juice and coconut water.
Drink plenty of water.
Eat light and easily digestible food.

Follow up with reports of stool.
Thanks!