What causes dizziness along with ear and tooth pain?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in General Health
Question: I had periodic tooth and ear pain on the left side of my face. Now it seems to just hurt where a tooth is located, but the tooth doesn't hurt to push on it. I experienced alternating heat and cold sensitivity, but that has disappeared. Yesterday, I could see a colorful, jagged flashing light in my right peripheral vision that went away. Now I am feeling dizzy. I forgot to mention that there is no swelling on the left side of my face.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible neuralgia

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome. Your symptoms are suggestive of trigeminal neuralgia which is caused by inflammation of facial nerves. Also facial neuralgia may present similarly. Less common causes are migraine or epilepsy. At this point, you should rest, avoid cold and windy environment, stress and have easier diet. If this happens again, you should do neurological work up including MRI scan and some medication may be required. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T