What causes dizziness after taking Morphine?

General Surgeon
Question
I am currently taking morphine self er--15 mg tablet for back pain. Have had an x-ray, the first pt appointment is Tuesday and a bone density scan is the following Monday. I will possible have an MRI. The medication makes me dizzy and nauseous. So, I was given Ondansetron hcl--4 mg for nausea which seems to work. Is there anything I can do for the dizziness? Thank you so much, XXXXXXX
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Drinking more water should help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Dizziness after morphine intake are usually due to low blood pressure as it lowers the blood pressure. So drinking more water should greatly help with dizziness. You may also try Tiethylperazine (Torecan) medicine.

Hope this helps.
Regards.