question-icon

What Causes Dizziness After Taking Amlodipine?

Posted on Tue, 31 Oct 2017
Question: I am o amlodpine. I have been dizzy for about an hour or more
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possible hypotension

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Will,first you should measure your blood pressure and if this is low then this is probably the cause of you symptoms.in this case,you should take more fluids and avoid next amlopine pill. if blood pressure is fine then it may be caused by low sugar,dehydration or some other benign cause. You should rest,avoid noise,lights and smoky areas. If there is associated pain in chest or you lose consciousness then you should see doctor as soon as possible. Wish you good health. regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon