What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
is this normal.I sometimes feel spaced out and dizzy ever since this food poisoning happened 4 months ago.
Is it anxiety?or anything else?
I feel like it affects me every day
I can also feel spaced and foggy when talking to people
I have had so many blood tests they r normal.When i get a dizzy episode i get v worried
You may suffered from GERD.
Hi XXXX, myself Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar. I am practising in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX , XXXXXXX Food allergies are often seen in humans. But it is from childhood. And the symptoms of food allergy are mostly vomiting and diarrhoea. Body tries to remove allergen if allergy is there. In your case, by your histroy I can make out that you have gastric trouble with red meat and other heavy food. This is seen in GERD(Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease). It is due to laxity of gastroesophageal sphincter. So the acid of the stomach tend to come up in esophagus and cause the symptom s.
Follow these simple steps.
1. Avoid spicy and oily food.
2. Avoid stress and anxiety, keep calm.
3. Avoid heavy meals, instead take frequent small meals.
4. Go for walk after meals.
5. Take good antacids like proton pump inhibitors (PPI) with prokinetic agents.
6. Keep 2-3 pillows under your head in bed.
Follow these steps for atleast 1 week and if you are improved than you are suffering from GERD. These steps will really benefit you.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to answer other queries if you have. Wish you good health. Thanks.
So do you think this is all gastric related?and does it go away permantly?i also had an endoscopy they saw very mild colitis.
The docs kept telling me its anxiety!
Thanks I have taken note of your advice
anxiety and GERD go hand by hand.
Hi XXXX, thanks for your query. Yes you are right, anxiety can precipitate GERD. And your symptoms of dizziness spells, dizziness in heart, panic attacks etc are due to anxiety. So consult psychiatrist and take good counselling sessions , discuss your problems and start treatment for anxiety. Now a days many good oral anxiolytics are available which are not habit forming. And by controlling anxiety you can definitely control GERD. I would still suggest you to follow steps I have mentioned in previous answer.
Hope I have solved your query. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing dizziness after sneezing
- What causes dizziness after dialysis
- What causes dizziness after eating
- What causes dizziness unable to eat vomiting
- What causes faint dizzy feeling after surgery
- What causes nasueagas and dizziness after subtotal historectomy
- What causes dizziness after gall bladder surgery
- Eating pork cause dizziness
- What causes dizziness and stomach pain after eating food
- What causes dizziness and burps while eating