What causes dizziness after ear piercing?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi I got My Tragus pierced on Friday, and I bleed a lot and got dizzy which is usual anytime I've gotten a piercing. almost immediately after my ear felt like it was blocked up0 I assumed it was blood from laying down for such a long time immediately after the piercing. the piercing looks great no signs of infections and its not really sore anymore, my ear doesn't hurt and there is no pressure but the plugged up/blocked up feeling wont go away I used OTC ear wax remover and it improved my hearing a bit but the feeling isn't gone completely did the piercing cause this? should I go to the dr?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to hcm.
Yes,it doesn't look like infection,but there may be inner edema which may compress external ear channel. I don't think that deeper ear structures are involved. Also,piercing may by same mechanism cause increased was production. So you should see ENT doctor who can determine if this can be treated without piercing removal. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad