What causes dizziness after a head injury?
My 4 year old just had a fall and hit the back of his head. There is a swell and also he had nosebleed right after that. The bleeding did not last more than 3mins. He gets nosebleed easily and the last time he had it was 12 hours ago.
He's sleeping right now but had complained of dizziness before he slept. should I wake him up every now and then to check on him? Also, I asked him to try walking when he complained of dizziness and I did not notice clumsiness in his movements.
Head injury sugggetions
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic. I understand your concern.
I will suggest you danger signs of head injury -
1. Vomiting continuously
3. Watery of bloody discharge from ears and nose
5. Altered sensorium or behaviour.
If none of them are present, I don't think you should worry about his trivial head injury.
But in these he had nose bleed (but it could be his usual frequent thing which you mentioned) and as it happened only 12 hours back, it could have been precipitated again.
But dizziness is unusual and I suggest you take him to emergency room immediately and get him assessed by a paediatrician or physician and get his blood pressure checked too.
For pain you can give oral Paracetamol in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose every 4-6th hourly. Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dizzy spells after head injury
- What causes heaviness in my head after a head injury
- What causes bruising around the eyes after head injury
- What causes vertigoheadaches and double vision after a head injury
- Dizziness a week after head injury?
- Dizziness days after a head injury
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- Headache and dizziness after head injury
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- Pale and dizzy after head injury