What causes discomfort wrist after having screws in distal radius?
Thanks for posting your query.
If there is a restriction of the wrist joint movement and discomfort is present then it is best to get the plate and screws removed.
It is a safe and small surgery. After the removal of plate and screws it usually takes 2 weeks for the soft tissues to heal completely. The discomfort is likely to decrease and the range of movement will be better.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and swelling in wrist
- What causes itchy spots on wrist
- What is the cause for wrist pain
- What causes swelling and stiffness at the wrist
- What causes skinny wrists
- What causes swelling and pain in wrist after an injury
- Distal radius fracture causes
- What causes bruised wrist for no reason
- What causes thin wrists
- Wrist discomfort causes
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?