question-icon

What causes discomfort while urinating and feeling of a full bladder?

Posted on Tue, 8 Dec 2015
Question: I have been experiencing some discomfort when I urinate, and there is a pink tinge when I wipe. Urine looks & smells normal, but my bladder still feels full. What could it possibly be?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
possibly an urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for healthcare magic

It is possible that you may have an urinary tract infection. With infections not all of the symptoms have to be present.

Urinary tract infections can be associated with discomfort on urination, feeling of incomplete urination, frequency, blood (hematuria), change in odor or colour, fever, abdominal pain

Only some of these may be present.

A urine test at your doctor's office can confirm it. If confirmed then antibiotics would be needed for treatment.

In addition to antibiotics, you would need to use a lot of fluids. Cranberry juice or products can sometimes be helpful.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James