What causes discomfort or pain after a chest injury?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My son was hit in the chest and had trouble sleeping last night and still is experiencing discomfort. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query and understand the concern for your son.

It is normal to have some kind of discomfort or pain after an injury.If the pain is moderate and he doesn't have any other symptom like problems with respiration ,you don't need to worry.He need rest and give him Ibuprofen for the pain.It should get better in few days.
If the pain and discomfort doesn't seem to get better or he have other symptoms like sharp pain when breathing or moving ,difficulty breathing ,you need to see a doctor.A physical examination and X-ray of the chest are necessary .

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question or need any clarification.I would be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati
Dr. Rovena Murati