What causes discomfort in upper stomach and radiating pain in back?
ER- Investigations for proper diagnosis and treatment
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/57 - sick to stomach all day off and on - discomfort in upper stomach - *goes sometimes to the back - comes and goes - tried pepto bismal about 7 hours ago - not constipated - salads each day - have to urinate more frequently since yesterday ...
Since the history specifically says about pain going to back, I would be worried about the following things:
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Consult your Doctor or go to ER.
Blood tests- routine as well as liver function tests, amylase, lipase, kidney function and as may be needed on clinical evaluation and examination and other reports.
EKG to be on safer side.
Tests of urine: routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity.
Ultrasonography to stat with, better to do CT scan of the abdomen.
Upper GI Endoscopy.
Get started with PPI.
Antibiotics if UTI
Further management as per the clinical evaluation and reports.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Radiating pain in arms cause pregnancy
- Severe radiating pain causes
- Radiating pain from jaw to back
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- Welt on back with radiating pain