What causes discomfort in upper back?
Upper back muscle spasm
It could be due to upper back muscle spasm. This can cause pain in the upper back.
Do apply hot packs to the painful regions, keep well hydrated, avoid repetitive activities with the hands like prolonged periods of typing, do back stretching exercises. Avoid bending neck forward or lifting weights.
You can take Tablet Diclofenac and Thicolchicoside combination twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.
Kindly tell me the report of your MRI Spine to look for any predisposing factors.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
Can get it looked at by a CT Surgeon
It doesn't obviously mean a serious lung and chest problem. But a physical examination by a cardiothoracic surgeon or ENT surgeon would be worthwhile.
It doesn't seem to be a neck condition either.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gas pressure in upper and middle back
- Lower back discomfort causes
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes allergy in back
- Upper back injury causes
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What causes back spasms
- What causes hard lump on upper side of back
- What causes itching on upper back