What causes discomfort in throat while eating food?
Could this be related to her esophagus?
Could be due to irritation of the throat or inflammation of esophagus.
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understand the concern regarding your mother.
From the facts you have shared here,it could be related to irritation of the throat or inflammation of esophagus.It should be further evaluated especially if it is from 2 weeks.
However,this is Not a serious medical issue but it is always better to be concerned.
So,it is better to make an appointment with a GI doctor who may order esophagoscopy (endoscopy) after taking complete medical history and physical examination since all her blood works were normal.
Below mentioned symptomatic treatment would be helpful until you see a GI doctor.
Drink plenty of water (clean bottled water preferably).
Gargles with an appropriate mouthwash would also be helpful. If not allergic to listerine or clinica are good ones.
Give a Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier and always keep it ON in room for proper and easy respiration and to decrease throat irritation.
Fruits and vegetables, salads and fruit juices especially carrot and orange juice made at home is good.
No tea, coffee, chocolates, caffeinated drinks, energy drinks, soda and hot or cold beverages and avoid junk food, spicy and fried food, no refined foods.
The definitive treatment will be based on the endoscopy report, if underlying cause can be figured out.
Hope this helps and let me know if yo have more question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Discomfort in throat cause
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing
- What causes sore mucus in throat while sleeping
- What causes fell food stuck in throat
- What causes throat discomfort with cough
- Cause of food sitting in throat
- What causes throat itching while trying to sleep
- What medication is suggested discomfort caused in the throat
- What causes a raspy throat
- What causes stomach rumbling and discomfort in throat