What causes discomfort in the urethra?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have all the test done and are negative but my urethrea off and and on discomfort what can cause this problem and what can i take.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide few details

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have discomfort in urethra

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Since how long you have discomfort in urethra ?
2) What tests you have done and upload reports ?
3) Did you have have unprotected sex very recently?
4) Do you masturbate frequently ?

The discomfort in urethra is mostly due to inflammation of urethra (Urethritis) .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily for 2-3 weeks

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
I have had urine culture and blood work n scope was all negative. Had sex with my wife 24 weeks preganant are these medicine something you guys can prescribe im no home. N do not have this meds .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are mostly due to acidic vaginal secretions

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for follow up .

Vaginal secretions during pregnancy are acidic in nature which cause inflammation of urethra due to unprotected sex.

We at health care magic can not issue prescription as we do not carry out clinical examination of user in person .

The medicines which I have suggested are available only on prescription by a qualified physician hence hence you will need to visit your family physician to get prescription .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
How long does this stay thstvway does it clear up on its on .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may get resolved of its own

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

If infection is not severe it may get resolved spontaneously however it is difficult to predict time required for the same .(May take 4-6 weeks) .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil