question-icon

What causes discomfort in lower left abdomen after lifting heavy weights?

Posted on Sat, 14 May 2016
Question: I was deadlifting today and got a liquid rushing sensation in my lower left abdomen. No pain at all just a weird feeling. Should i be concerned?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Watch for any symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted your history of deadlifting today and got a liquid rushing sensation in lower left abdomen.
No pain at all.
Just a weird feeling.

If there are no symptoms of nausea, vomiting, bloating or even uneasiness there is no need to worry.
If at all any of the symptoms develop please report to the Doctor or ER.
Also check whether you have hernia or not.

This can occur due to shifting of fluid in the intestine as the intra-abdominal pressure is so much risen during deadlifting.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon