What causes discomfort in groin area and itchy buttocks in Meth user?
Damaged tissues are due to meth
Hi and thanks again for your query.
The places which you feel are damaged and dead are mostly due to meth use.
I personally feel that there are still alive parts in your body that keep you moving and do your work. You should focus on the parts of body that are not damaged and painful and make full use of them to live your life.
Mucous in various areas is only doing its job to throw out dead tissues. I think during the dry periods the dead tissue is formed and during "mucousy" periods it is thrown out. But if it keeps going like this it may stop forming the mucous. The excessive mucous can be controlled with anti-allergic medicines like cetrizine or chlorpheniramine taken once in a while.
The rotten material is seemingly a mix of germs and dead tissue. Even if we remove it, it may "regrow". If anyone who can help you with it, is a surgeon. Medicines will not help. Please see a surgeon and get these "rotten" areas evaluated. It is not necessary that you go for a surgery but if these areas can be debrided you will feel better.
Colon and stomach tests will need invasive tests.
The common scenario is that people try to get better with help of medicines etc and in the process actually damage their bodies more. So it is always better to let go of unnecessary medicines and work with whatever is left undamaged in body. The whole purpose is to live one's life. Yoga can help regulate blood flow to different parts of body. Take a small course of yoga so that you can do it at home later.
Of course you can also volunteer to raise awareness against drug abuse.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Can try calcium channel blockers
The vitamins that will actually work for you are vitamin B12, pyridoxin, thiamin and folic acid. You can get a combination of these as these help with nerves function. Other supplements and herbs you can discontinue.
Eating well is most important for you. I dont know your weight but I am assuming that your weight may be less than normal. If so, please include higher calorie foods in your diet. Higher calorie foods like cheese, butter, creamy foods, etc. Take 3 regular meals and 3-4 snacks in a day. Include fruits and salads in most of your meals.
Now regarding the tissue damage, most of it is due to direct toxic effect of meth. Now the blood vessels may also be damaged or obstructed and may be further causing the damage. The blood flow can be checked with doppler studies. If the blood flow is obstructed then calcium channel blockers like amlodipine, nifedipine or diltiazem may be effective. The treatment line being similar to raynauds phenomenon.
You can upload the reports for me to view.
Body changes everyday. It changes even more with medicines and drugs. It is not wise to expect the same body as it was 1 or 2 years ago. Wisdom is to accept the changes and move on. Best thing is to join some organisation that volunteers against drug abuse and help people. One such organisation is art of living. Other organisations like www.drugabuse.ca , etc are also there.
Hope it helps you.
Let me know if I can be of more help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness in the groin
- What causes groin cramps
- What causes itchy red bumps in the groin area
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What causes groin sweating
- Will prostate cause itchy groin
- What causes lump near groin
- What causes lesion of folliculitis in groin
- What causes droopy groin
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...