What causes discomfort in between lower chest and upper abdominal area?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hello doctor,

since last 2 days I am feeling that some one is kicking in between lower chest and upper belly. this happens only when I was sitting and sleeping. during I didn't feel that thing.
it's little bit paining.
could you please let me know, what could be cause?

thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Muscle pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The description does not sound serious.
Pain is most probably from the muscles of the lower chest or upper abdominal wall
Especially because of the relation to posture
It is NOT from the heart… – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on.

Appropriate treatment demands accurate diagnosis
And that demands examination; probably investigation too;
GET EXAMINED
The treating doctor alone could conclude better based on total clinical picture…

In the meantime, rest, Paracetamol and Muscle relaxants help –

Good luck
God bless you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist