What causes discomfort and tingling sensation in testicle?

Posted on Wed, 16 Sep 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I HAVE SYMPTOMS WHICH I HAD 8 YEARS AGO, SCROTUM DISCOMFORT TESTICLE TINGLING SENSATION. INITIALLY I WAS SENT FOR STD CHECK (CLEAR) THEN TO HOSPITAL FOR A CYSTOSCOPY AND GIVEN ANTIBIOTICS WHICH DID NOT REALLY WORK, IT DID NOT GO AWAY FOR 18 MONTHS.
THIS TIME MY GP HAS GIVEN ME A COURSE OF DOXYCYLONE (3WKS).( HAVE NOTICED THAT IT IS SOMETIMES WORSE ON A MORNING)
I FEAR THAT IT MAY NOT WORK AGAIN??
Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep scrotal support.complete Course of Doxycycline.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, let me advise you, that you should get a scrotal, doppler ultrasound scan. That will give information regarding changes affecting the scrotum, if any.
According to that report, cause for scrotal discomfort can be known.
As far as Doxycycline is concerned, now you complete at least 2 weeks course.
You should keep your scrotum elevated, with a firm scrotal support. People prefer to wear a tight innerwear, beneath their trousers.
Be optimistic, and hopefully your symptoms may be cured.
In the event you don't feel better, then you're welcome to get back here, for an expert advice.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 31 hours later
Hi Dr Mangat,

Thankyou for your reply, it sounds helpful and encouraging. Just a few more things maybe to ask.
Firstly it seemed to(recurr) come on after being to the Gym, indeed I thought for a moment that's what it was due to (was a sitting down and pedalling routine which I thought may have done it/brought it on)
Is this type of thing stress related? If so would you advise caution in future when attending?
However, I think otherwise now.

Thanks,
XXX
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
That's exactly what i was suggesting.
In many people with the same symptoms, exercise does precipitate the scrotal discomfort. That's the reason, it's worst after returning from the gym.
Just try to avoid the physical strain or try to reduce the exercise period to half of what you do at present and assess yourself.
If you still feel the discomfort, stop the exercise.
Wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 24 hours later
Hello again Dr, I PRESUME THIS QUESTION IS FREE FOR THE LAST TIME.(IF NOT THEN DON'T ANSWER IT)

My GP did mention that it could be prostatitis the first time. However, I do not get ANY pelvic pain with this.
IF, that is the case then I will not be doing any Bicycle riding for sure, anything else I should avoid?
Any special treatment for this? Don't think there is a proper cure?

Thanks,

XXXXX
Brief Answer:
forget what your GP said. Restart exercises gradually.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX
Don't worry about charges.
Your health is of prime concern.
Forget what your GP mentioned. He's not an Urologist.
When you don't have the symptoms, don't worry about improbable situations.
A fortnight after stopping exercises, you'll feel much relief.
Then restart exercises, gradually.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist