What causes discomfort and pain in left kidney area and left testicle?
Drinking lots of fluids is advised but since its ten days, please visit doc
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Sorry to hear the pain and discomfort you are in and hope you make a quick recovery. It is possible that the stone in your urinary passage is taking longer than usual to pass through.
2. Smaller stones pass through easily, however larger ones might take a longer time depending on the size and location. The size and exact location of the stone is not mentioned in your query.
3. Most doctors advise patients to drink lots of water and fresh juices and this will cause generation of urine in the kidneys and the stone will move forwards along with the urinary flow. I wish you drink as much as 1.5 to 2.5 liters a day to help flush out your urinary system and the stone. Please visit washrooms regularly and avoid holing urine for a long time.
4. For the pain in left kidney and testis you can take anti spasmodic and pain reliever medicines which will give you temporary relief.
5. Some patients are also given medicines called Alpha-blockers to cause the walls of ureter to contract and push the stone forward. I am not certain if your doctor has given you such a medication on your earlier visit. This medication is to be taken only on prescription.
6. Since it is over ten days since the block and possible urinary obstruction was first noticed, it is important to review the location of the stone by doing a X ray or ultrasound scan.
7. Please note that urinary obstruction persisting for more than ten days might damage the kidney in some patients. Therefore please do not wait any further and get back to your doctor to dislodge the stone by other treatment options.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in left testicle all reports normal causes
- What can cause testicle pain
- Can kidney problem causes pain in the left side
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes mushiness under left testicle that pains while masturbating
- Discomfort in testicle no pain or lumps cause
- What could cause painful lump on left testicle
- What is the cause for radiating testicle pain
- What causes pain in the right testicle
- Tight left testicle causes