What causes discoloured urine and swelling in lymph nodes after quitting alcohol?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: orange pee, swollen lymph nodes, just quit drinking 4 days ago, in mild detox, quit chew two weeks ago, mild weekness in legs. on antibiotics.

also pre-diabetic. sugar levels fine.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Several causes for orange urine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Pplseans and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i advise you, that orange urine discoloration has several causes.
1. Liver and bile duct conditions.
2. Drugs causing reddish orange discoloration,like Rifampicin for tuberculosis, and Phenazopyridine, used with antibiotics in urinary infections, etc.
3. Dehydration. You should drink more than 8-10 glasses fluids daily.
4. Get examined by a specialist and carry out following tests:
(a) urine routine and culture, urine for bile pigments.
(b) blood routine, sugar,HbA1C, LFT, and creatinine.
(c)Chest X-ray.
According to the reports, your doctor should be able to advise treatment.
You may also send the reports here for an expert opinion.
Wish you good health.