What causes discoloured palate and sore throat?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Apr 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i have a discoloured palate which is yellow, slight sore throat and a cold. on my tongue i have small pin prick marks which look like they could bleed. ive been sent for blood tests to rule out anything but just wandered if you have any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it could be due to infection of upper respiratory tract probably seems like tonsillitis . All these findings can be present in viral and bacterial infections of throat . I will advise to keep yourself hydrated and take a multivitamin tablet to get relief in glossitis that you were mentioning . There doesnt seem to worry anything about. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 minutes later
my tonsils look fine and arent swollen that i can see. when will the discolouring go as thats the bit that is concerning me more to be honest. thanks
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, In any infection of throat the mucosa becomes pale due to dehydration also . Other thing is that your hemoglobin needs to be checked because in case you are anemic the mucosa will be pale . In how much time it will get relieved will depend on the cause why it is there. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 minutes later
ok, thank you for your advice :)
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thanks and keep me updated about the progress. Wish you a good health. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj