question-icon

What causes discoloration and numbness in finger?

Posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2015
Question: numb left middle finger, a little discolored, skin on finger seems loose. compared to right middle finger
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
May be carpal tunnel syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Please provide details to better understanding the problem. Since how many days you have this problem? How problem started?
You may be having carpal tunnel syndrome in which there is compression of median nerve at wrist. It is generally caused by overuse of hand. Nerve conduction test( for median nerve) can be of use. Its primary treatment is rest to wrist joint (splint can be used) and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Mecobalamine is helpful in numbness.
Another possibility can be cold sensitivity if you hands have got exposure to cold. Again treatment is rest,analgesic and Mecobalamin.
You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon