What causes discoloration and numbness in finger?
May be carpal tunnel syndrome.
Thanks for your query
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Please provide details to better understanding the problem. Since how many days you have this problem? How problem started?
You may be having carpal tunnel syndrome in which there is compression of median nerve at wrist. It is generally caused by overuse of hand. Nerve conduction test( for median nerve) can be of use. Its primary treatment is rest to wrist joint (splint can be used) and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Mecobalamine is helpful in numbness.
Another possibility can be cold sensitivity if you hands have got exposure to cold. Again treatment is rest,analgesic and Mecobalamin.
You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and numbness in fingers at night
- What causes headaches nausea tingling and numbness in fingers
- What causes numbness in fingers and swollen knees
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- What causes numbness in fingers while sleeping
- Have intermittent numbness in fingers what could be the cause
- What is the cause of numbness in fingers with diabetes
- Getting numbness on finger what is the cause
- What causes shortness of breath and numbness in finger