What causes discharge from penis?

Question
About a month ago I was driving and had to urinate really bad, I started hitting my penis with my fingers really hard to stop the urine from coming out. After that I had protected sex and masturbated. I saw a discharge the next morning. There was no burning or the discharge did not drip out.

I did have unprotected oral sex.
I have taken azithromycin . Do you think i had clamydia?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chlamydia could be transmitted orally

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
thanks for the query,

I have read your query with a lot of interest and i will gladly make some contribution.

Chlamydia is transmitted through unprotected oral, anal and/or vaginal sex with infected persons. Given that, you had unprotected oral sex, there is a possibility of transmission.

However, that possibility can only be of any importance if your partner was positive for Chlamydia. More so, the transmission rate for oral sex is much low.

Discharges that result from an infection are continuous, worsens with time and are accompanied with other symptoms such as pains during urination. From your query, i do not clearly see these symptoms. The only thing that calls for attention is the discharge you have mentioned, but it was not continuous and it appeared on the following day. Normally, there is an incubation period of a few days but the discharge you had appeared just the following day making it less likely to be due to a Chlamydia infection and more of a serous leakage from a traumatized area or semen etc.

Chlamydia is well treated with antibiotics to which it is sensitive and azithromycin is a good antibiotic against it. If you have taken the azithromycin for a prescribed period, then you do not need to worry yourself. I usually prescribed azithromycin for Chlamydia as follows; Azithromycin 500mg; 1 tablet daily for three days to be repeated on the same days on week two and week three.

Hope this helps.
If you have further query, i will be glad to answer.
Best regards
Dr Achuo