What causes difficulty passing urine post prostate biopsy?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: hi i am having problems urinating after prostate biopsy
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is due to acute infection of Prostate (Prostatitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone prostate biopsy and since then having difficulty in passing urine .

This is a common and known complication that occurs after prostate biopsy and is due to acute infection of prostate (Prostatitis).

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and combination of Tomsulosin with Dutasteride once daily ..Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

This should get cured within a week .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil