What causes difficulty in walking, body pain, forgetfulness and chills?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: very weak can't walk sleepy 5'6" 180lbs forgetfulness occasional falls, can't support her weight, she can crawl small diststances, coherent quite often, lower back in 2002 and had extensive nerve damage. In frequent pain. the walking problem gradually started late last night and worse today. last but not least slight chills. and no and wants very little food, she is a smoker not much but smokes just the same. allergies; penicillin and shell fish.
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medication induced encephalopathy

Detailed Answer:
Good morning. I am a neurologist and see this sort of picture frequently. She is over-medicated which is the reason why she is having the cognitive issues you are reporting as well as the falls. She is unable to keep herself upright due to far too much medication. She can't handle that amount. Her doctor needs to cut her way back in my opinion.

The actual cause of the pain needs to be discovered and then, addressed.

Chills are usually a sign of an infectious disease and therefore, I would ask the doctor if he could examine you for those issues and if found to treat appropriately.

Make sure that any prescribed antibiotics take into consideration the patient's penicillin allergy.

I hope I've satisfactorily responded to your statements. If so, may I ask your favor of a high star rating with some written feedback?

Please send me more comments or inquiries in the future by going to my web address at:

bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi

I would be honored to answer you quickly and comprehensively.

This query has required a total of 8 minutes of physician specific time to read, research, and compile a return envoy to the patient.