What causes difficulty in urination and defecation after pessary insertion for prolapse?
She needs emergency department care
Hi! Welcome to health care magic!
Her issue seems to have arisen after the ring procedure. If she hasn't had urine since then, it is more arming than not having stool for a day. She needs to have urgent medical care to get catherterized in case of urinary obstruction as it may lead to kidneys damage which can be irreversible. Also that such patient may not be left alone unattended with these issue, and you can ring medical advise or paramedics to go to her to assess her issues in detail and emergency medical care and referal can be made.
As far as stools are concerned, she can try using OTC available glycerine suppositories to be kept in anal canal and if it doesn't work lactulose enema are the next possible options. Before that even castor oil can be tried, and stool softness like lactulose nay be increased upto 30ml thrice daily if current dose hasn't worked well.
Hoping her a speedy recovery. If you dont have any more questions, please close the discussion. You can also reach me directly through my profile in future, in case of any more questions. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a prolapsed rectum in a hamster
- Smoke cigarette cause defecate
- Blood in urine after defecation
- Urge to urinate after defecation
- What causes anal pain after defecation
- What causes prolapse of the uterus
- What causes backache and burning after defecation
- Burning after urination and defecation
- Could a bladder prolapse cause sediment in urine
- What causes a c spine prolapse
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?