What causes difficulty in swallowing, lack of appetite and anxiety?
Anxiety can be the source of such symptom.
Thank you for the query.
Anxiety is enough to cause such symptom. Please note that brain can control whole body. That is why anxiety which definitely has a source in brain, can cause digestive tract issues. Lack of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain and swallowing problems are typical symptoms of anxiety.
Smoking does not help for sure. It increase the risk of throat cancer, esophageal cancer and many more.
Some narrow area of esophagus due to inflammation can be also the reason of your problems, but this is less possible than anxiety.
Nowadays, we have medicines which can greatly control anxiety. This medicines are called SSRIs. I suggest you to consult your doctor or psychiatrist about this problem.
You should also stop smoking, avoid coffee, fatty foods, alcohol.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- Nerve problems causing difficulty swallowing
- Can allergies cause difficulty swallowing
- Cause of painless lump in mouth causing difficulty swallowing
- Dystonia cause difficulty swallowing breathing
- Can ataxia cause difficulty swallowing?
- Can amyloidosis cause difficulty swallowing?
- What are the symptoms of difficulty swallowing?
- Drugs that cause difficulty swallowing
- Can sore throat cause difficulty swallowing?