What causes difficulty in swallowing and mild throat pain?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: When I swallow I feel a lump or like clicking lower throat . I have no problems swallowing. Mild throat pain like sore throat but agAin lower Nowhere near tonsils. I have this problem for about three weeks just hoping it will go away. But it's still here just annoying. Also no pain when I t ouch my neck where I think the clicking is. What do you think it could be?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Laryngo-pharyngeal reflux

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

The symptoms described by could be related to Laryngo-pharyngeal reflux secondary to Acid reflux from the stomach into the throat.

You need to try household remedies first. If not getting better, consult your doctor for a complete evaluation and management.

My suggestions to you are:
1. Drink plenty of warm water.
2. Try taking OTC antacids.
3. Avoid caffeinated drinks, fizzy drinks, alcohol and smoking.

Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist